Sunday 4 October 2015

M.I Abaga turns 34 today



Award winning rapper and Choc City boss, Jude
‘M.I’ Abaga who was born on October 4, 1981 in
Jos, has clocked 34 today.

M.I rose to prominence in 2006 when his debut
single ‘Crowd mentality’ became popular in his
hometown, Jos. He followed up with the release of ‘
Safe’ featuring Djinee thereafter, the sheer force of
his flow and rhyming ability forced the industry to
notice him, shattering the notion that majority of
Nigerian music lovers are hostile to rap. The track
became an instant hit all over the country and on
December 11, 2008, M.I released his
debut album, Talk About It to critical acclaim.

M.I is living his dreams. Today he has significant
percentage of shares in the Chocolate City Group
with the merger of his Loopy Records to the label
he now heads. The newly restructured Chocolate
City Music boasts of 14 artistes, 2 DJs and 5
producers.

No comments:

Post a Comment